Did you make sure the pieces that need to spin were clear of other pieces? This one has frustrated me in the past when I tried making a battering ram. At one point I had, in a very difficult place to see, just a single 1x1 LEGO connected to another. It prevented the ram from swinging. (Oh and I'm one of you dad's very good friends from BYU! He can tell you all about my LEGO castles.)
Two Weeks ago we celebrated Pi day. Which was a week early but we didn't think we would have game day on the real Pi day, But we did so we celebrated it again cause why not? Last week on Pi day we built the number Pie, or at least some of it. Each number from 1 to 9 had a different color. There is a website with 100,000 digits of Pi. For every digit we put a lego block that matched the color of the code. It looked something like this, but not as uniform. And here is the website for the Pi digits (It is a LOT of digits) 100,000 Digits of Pi (uiuc.edu)
Sour Dough Cookies🍪😋 Today we made sour dough cookies. We learned about different ways to measure ingredients. One of them was volume, that's when you use measuring cups, like when you measure 1 cup or a 1/2 cup. Another one was weight and mass, and that's with a scale, and that's when you measure by weight.(see pictures below) Measuring cups and spoons Scale
I have always wanted to win a Nobel prize. specifically, the chemistry prize, as chemistry never ceases to fascinate me. Old Alfred Nobel (1833-1896) had invented dynamite and became a very wealthy man. When he died, I'm sure there were a lot of greedy second removed relatives, and long lost cousins all clamouring for a share. But nooooooo. With his money, he set up the Nobel Prize. There are five. Physics Prize Chemistry Prize (Yay!) Physiology or Medicine Prize Literature Prize Peace Prize I don't know why there Isn't a math prize, and I may never know. but here you have it: The Noble Prize.
Did you make sure the pieces that need to spin were clear of other pieces? This one has frustrated me in the past when I tried making a battering ram. At one point I had, in a very difficult place to see, just a single 1x1 LEGO connected to another. It prevented the ram from swinging. (Oh and I'm one of you dad's very good friends from BYU! He can tell you all about my LEGO castles.)
ReplyDeleteOh, really Dad. You never told me that you had a friend that builds lego castles.
Delete(Thanks a lot Dad.)
Very nice, thanks for sharing. What do you plan on building next?
ReplyDelete